Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
iDimager impressions
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 06:07:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  idImager
| | |-+  iDimager impressions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: iDimager impressions  (Read 9552 times)
billseymour

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:57:29 AM »

I am considering moving on from iView, and face the eternal question: Expression Media, or something else? I am PC (Vista), and from my research, iDimager is my clear 'other candidate'. (BTW, I also get the impression that iDimager can be run on the Mac using Bootcamp, but I don't know this for certain). I have been exploring the iDimager forum, have sent a few Q's to Hert (promptly answered, another plus).

Just wondering here, on this thread, if this forum has users of iDimager; I'd appreciate any thoughts, feedback, etc relating to this product.

I should note some things that appeal to me about iDimager:
- I like the apparent ease in iDimager to include non-media file formats;
- it looks like iDimager handles PNG, type files (which do not permit writing metadata back to the original file) by using XMP sidecar files. This weakness of PNG's, where my metadata efforts are constrained to the catalog of iView, have been a concern of mine for awhile
- I like the personal touch rather than having to hunt through website pages to get answers for iView/EM;
- and of course that iDimager meets, I believe, all of the DAM requirements of portability, writing metadata to original files, etc:

Thanks for any feedback. --Bill
Mike Buckley

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 03:10:29 AM »

Bill,

I'm responding late to your message because I just now logged into the forum for the first time, but I can't rave enough about IDimager. I have been using the Pro version about 6 months.  It's my first DAM software, so I had the (apparently) usual difficulties of determing a workflow that fits my needs and understanding the options available to me within IDimager's vast capabilities.  I eventually got all of that worked out thanks to Hert, Dirk and all of the very helpful contributors to the support forum.  I'm now busily on my way to cataloging all of my images with great success using the program.

--Mike

billseymour

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »

Mike-
Thanks for the reply; I am just recently back here, too. I corresponded with Hert about an issue discussed elsewhere here re Alpha channels and the appearance of TIF files; and the immediate exchange of emails was really a pleasure. Thanks for your feedback.
--Bill
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: