The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:14:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28019 Posts in 5139 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Comments about the book
| | |-+  The Second Edition has been greatly improved
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Second Edition has been greatly improved  (Read 3317 times)
Cem

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2009, 01:26:06 PM »

Hi folks,

Although I have read the original edition at least 4 times front to end, I have never been able to apply certain steps of the standard workflow due to the fact that I work mainly from within PIE environments, I do not use optical media for backups and last, but not least, I do not convert my Canon raw files to DNG. And to be honest, I never fully understood the passing references made to the working directories and how to implement them in practice. Yesterday, I have picked up my copy of the second edition and have read the whole book in one go. All of a sudden, it all made perfect sense! Peter has greatly improved the workflow taking the PIE programs such as Lightroom into account. Also, he has made the whole concept of working directories very clear this time. I was pleasantly surprised by many improvements, albeit small or big. I cannot say enough how glad I am to have bought this new edition, thanks Peter.

Cheers,

Cem
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:34:06 PM by Cem » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: