Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
The back door is broken too!
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 01:10:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  The back door is broken too!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The back door is broken too!  (Read 2826 times)
Bruce Van Inwegen

View Profile Email
« on: July 29, 2009, 06:21:04 AM »

And the hits just keep on coming   Smiley

As an idea toward increasing performance, I decided to try updating the database with 1024 x medium quality previews so I could disconnect the archive until I really need to access the originals.  In the past, I've rarely used the preview tab since generally when I find what I'm looking for, I just open the archive at that location with Bridge.

What a surprise to find that after several hours of building previews, (which increased the database size by a factor of over 10) I discovered that even with the color match checkbox selected in the media rendering,  EM2 doesn't appear to behave consistently as a profile aware piece of software. 

So now I have an ugly workaround that addresses (sort of) the performance issues but I'm stuck with a different problem. The previews are a mish-mash of different renderings.  A rendered 16-bit TIF file and its un-rendered (layered) parent.PSD file both profiled in ProPhoto RGB color space, yield vastly different previews generated by EM2 on import, yet when the media tab is directed at these original files in the archive, (when I make the archive live and pick my navel fuzz while waiting) no such variation is visible.

Does anyone know of a Microsoft location for professional support of this product?

Bruce
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »

Bruce,
I'm afraid to say that it looks like the support team is, um, in transition.
Peter
Dierk

149167100 Dierk54@Hotmail.com Evo2Me dhslowhand
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 05:31:06 AM »

Hm, Peter, movement? With noticeable effects on the world outside MS HQ? That's at least something ...

Dierk

IDimager on Windows XP/SP2; 3.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, loads of storage space.
Other: Nikon D2x, Nikon D200, Capture NX 2, Adobe Creative Suite 3
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: