Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
All photos stolen, EM2 catalog remains, how to extract thumbnails as images?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 01:37:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  All photos stolen, EM2 catalog remains, how to extract thumbnails as images?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: All photos stolen, EM2 catalog remains, how to extract thumbnails as images?  (Read 3190 times)
crackerjax
« on: July 10, 2009, 05:32:03 AM »

So on the 4th my house was robbed, all my hard drives were stolen but I at least had my EM catalog on my laptop.  It has 480 size thumbs, no full previews, but its all the photos I have left of my kids besides the little I uploaded online in various places.

Anyway, is there anyway to extract the thumbs from an EM catalog?  Preferably with metadata intact so I can start a new catalog thats already filled with metadata.

-Nick
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:54:20 AM »

Nick,
Really sorry to hear that.
Yes you can get the thumbs out.
Action>Extract MEtadata>Thumbnails

Peter
crackerjax
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 04:15:13 AM »

Thank you so much Peter.  That solution seemed so obvious but I looked for days before asking.  BTW, your book has been an inspirational work for me to help organize the huge amount of photos I've taken.  Always being able to find that file in a stack of 25,000 felt really good.  I just wish I had kept up with the burning to optical media thing.  Haven't made discs in years.  Who would expect that someone would want to steal my little hard drives (and their backups, and their backups) with pictures of my kids?  Again, thank you.

-Nick
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »

Nick,
Optical media is an important part, but so is off-site backup.  Theft of the computers and all drives sitting nearby is not uncommon.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: