The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:42:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28003 Posts in 5130 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Photo Blogs
| | |-+  Recommended host for pix
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recommended host for pix  (Read 3851 times)
Terence Dodge

View Profile Email
« on: May 29, 2009, 04:15:06 PM »

So whom would the collective/individual opinions here recommend for a place to display images. Smugmug, zenfolio ( long discussion running over there on poor uploading times? ), wordpress? How many here "flickr"?

This can be both commercial IE, you sell via the web sit or not, or you just need to be seen ( my most likely venue ).

So of our 2100+ members who is using what or whom.

Is it possible to do a poll?

Terence
Ken

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:21:55 AM »

Terence,

I believe that that answer will greatly depend on your needs, work style and budget.  The number of possible hosting sites is far too large to list.  FWIW, I use Smug Mug.  I am reasonably with them, but my needs from the site are minimal at this time.  As they change, I may re-evaluate which site, or sites, will best address them.

--Ken
NJHeart2Heart

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 10:02:35 AM »

As the other poster mentioned, it really depends on your needs. I am a hobbyist photographer and have been quite happy with Flickr Pro, although I thought some people have complained about personal rights issues.  I have no big financial investment in my photos, so I'm not too concerned with that.  I think Flickr has some great features, with their uploader, tagging and even the groups and avenues of connection to other photographers of like mind is a real advantage.  I don't have much to compare them with of course, so maybe others can give their perspective.

Dawn d. in NJ "NJHeart2Heart"
Terence Dodge

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 11:22:03 AM »

thanks Ken and NJHeart2Heart

I was looking for a little info and I got that... I was looking for opinion on various photographers needs ( organized amateur and the profoundly pro shooter, who else would be on this forum! ) and who ( Provider wise ) was meeting those needs of the aformentioned.

Oh well. It takes time and no enough of that except when we have to do it over again.

Terence
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:33:53 AM »

Terence,
I think the issue is that the question is not focused.  It's one thing to want to get your pictures seen, quite another to set up e-commerce.
It's kind of like asking "what camera should I buy?"
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: