The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 03:26:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  RAW File Converters
| | |-+  Capture One DNG Metatdata anomaly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Capture One DNG Metatdata anomaly  (Read 4083 times)
Kevin
Newbie
*
Posts: 15



View Profile
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:19:51 AM »

Hello, first post here so be gentle  Smiley

At the moment I find myself liking Capture One 4 (not Pro) for my RAW file conversions, mainly (IMO) because of better colour accuracy.
However, I have just noticed the copyright in the basic metadata section displaying a funny symbol on all my dng files, even ones that have been created years ago:

©Kevin C******

It's the funny 'Â' character that is appearing ??


All my original CR2 files that get backed up to another location by ImageIngester are fine, although they display slightly differently (without the copyright symbol):

Copyright: Kevin C***

I have recently updated to version 4.8.1 and didn't know if anyone else had noticed this? - I have done a quick search of the C1 forums etc. but have not come across anything to explain this behaviour.  I don't know if it did it in 4.8 but I'm sure I'd have noticed.

The metadata is applied upon ingestion by II and is fine in all other applications (Bridge, PS CS4, LR 2.3 & EM2)

Note that any file converted from these DNG files shows the correct metadata in CS4 etc. so it's not being passed-on to the jpeg conversion...


Thanks for any help...


-- Kevin --
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 07:30:44 AM by Kevin » Logged
peterkrogh
Administrator
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 5682


View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 07:59:59 AM »

Kevin,
that's a unicode problem - the software is having a problem with the character set.
Where are you seeing it?  C1 only, or other programs after C1 has handled the file?
Note that it would not affect the copyright in any way (in my non-lawyer opinion).
Peter
Logged
Kevin
Newbie
*
Posts: 15



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »

Thanks for the prompt reply Peter  Smiley

I did wonder about the character set or something like that - I'm only seeing it in the displayed metadata within C1 itself. In all other apps it shows fine, so this makes me think it must be a C1 issue - even on converted jpeg/tiff files it is not being 'passed-on' so is not a real issue, but it just seemed to have started with the updated version 4.8.1

I may join up on the Phase One forums and see if anyone there can explain what is going on.

Thanks again.

-- Kevin --
Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!