Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Quick Fields are not available
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 12:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Quick Fields are not available
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quick Fields are not available  (Read 4672 times)
arossphoto

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »

I was running 2.4.03 and just installed 3.2.04, and I can't figure out how to activate the Quick Fields. The area where the fields should be is entirely grey. I've been reading the manual, but can't find info about getting this to work.

Thanks,

Andrew
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 09:59:33 PM »

Andrew--

This is now greatly simplified. You just use a Quick Field macro where you want to in the metadata panels, and II then populates the fields on the main window appropriately. No need to define the Quick Fields before using them with Version 3.

See the User's Manual, p. 48 and following pages.

--Marc

arossphoto

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:36:52 AM »

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I still can't figure this out. On page 49 it says "the default Metadata Templates already define
three Quick Fields: {@QF.job}, {@QF.location}, and {@QF.subject}, which causes those three text fields to appear on the main window". However, nothing appears in my main window. So what do I need to do to get those three default data entry fields to appear in my main window, or any of the other eight that are apparently available to use.

Do I have to enter something into the Macro Lab? Because I don't see anything to do with quick fields in there. I tried entering this "job: {@qf.quick_job}" but there is still no quick field in the main window for job. Then I tried  to quit and restart, but it restarts there is still nothing in the main window and my quick field entry is gone from the Macro Lab.

The manual says ""the default Metadata Templates already define three Quick Fields", so where the heck are they and how do I use them?

Thanks again,

Andrew
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 07:52:35 PM »

Andrew--

I think the reason these are not in your default is because you are upgrading.

Choose "Set..." from the Metadata Content drop-down on the main window and click the Reset button. You should then see Quick Field macros. Then click Save and you should see the Quick Fields on the main window. If you don't, post here and we'll go into this in more depth.

--Marc

arossphoto

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:21:09 PM »

That did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Andrew
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: