Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Storage locations for Hierarchical keywords and Catalog sets?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2020, 06:52:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Storage locations for Hierarchical keywords and Catalog sets?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Storage locations for Hierarchical keywords and Catalog sets?  (Read 4806 times)
Eileen

View Profile Email
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:38:59 PM »

Where does EM2 store Hierarchical keywords and catalog sets when you sync annotations?  I've been testing EM2 and am getting some weird behavior when I'm adding and removing hierarchical keywords and regular keywords.  Things like a keyword (or maybe hierarchical keyword) that doesn't appeared to be assigned to an image, but will the image comes up anyway when you search using the keyword.  I need to look at the file to see what's actually happening, but I'm not sure how to find the hierarchical keywords (or catalog sets) in bridge.  Any pointers on this?

Eileen
pburwell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »

Eileen,

Are you using SP2?  What types of files are you trying to sync the annotations between?

Paul

Eileen

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »

I'm currently using the trial version of EM2.  I did install it from the SP2 download, but I'm not sure whether the trial version actually includes the service pack.  It just says it's version 2.0.

Most of my files are jpgs and dngs, with a few psds and canon raw.  I'm not sure exactly what files I was using when I started having problems, and I'm not sure exactly what I did.  So I need to do some testing and troubleshooting and write the details down.  I'm a lot more comfortable doing that if I can look at the metadata in the files themselves.  So it would be really helpful to know in which metadata fields EM2 puts catalog sets and hierarchical keywords when its sync annotations.

Eileen
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »

Eileen,
EM writes the metadata back tpo the XMP space.  You can look at a file in Bridge or Photoshop and go to the advanced part of File info. The HK data is in a lightroom group, and the Catalog Sets and Custom Fields are in a group of EM/iView metadata.
Peter
roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 04:48:15 AM »

Hi Eileen,

There were major bugs with HR in Expression Media 2 where keywords wouldn't be deleted when you wanted them too, or go missing all by themselves. All fixed in the latest version, 2.02 (2096).

They are stored as proprietary Expression Media Sets viewable in XMP panels in Photoshop, HR keywords in Bridge and Lightroom, and as flattened keywords in any IPTC compliant app. The HR keyword structure uses XMP if you sync annotations to a file, but that file type must accept XMP. DNG, JPEG and TIFF do. Proprietary Raw file formats do not.

-- Robert.

Eileen

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 05:36:56 PM »

Thanks Peter and Robert, I found them!  That is way too cool (OK, so I'm easily impressed).  Robert, the keyword problem you mentioned with EM2 was most likely the issue.  Its too bad the service pack is not applied to the trial version since the whole point is to test the software.  But I'll probably just go ahead and get the upgrade at this point.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: