The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 01:46:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28016 Posts in 5137 Topics by 2911 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  RAW File Converters
| | |-+  Nikon Capture NX 2.2.0
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nikon Capture NX 2.2.0  (Read 5220 times)
Dierk

149167100 Dierk54@Hotmail.com Evo2Me dhslowhand
View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 08, 2009, 12:38:29 AM »

For those not aware of it, Nikon - as is often the case with them: secretly - released version 2.2.0 of Capture NX. It changes distortion and chromatic aberration control a bit and adds NRW support. Seems it got through to them that RAW is only RAW if one can do anything but standard JPEG conversion in-camera.

Unfortunately the program has some new problems, at least on my machine; if someone can verify or falsify my findings ...

- Document windows do not [properly] maximise; could be a 2-monitor set-up problem only as it seems the  maximised window goes to the primary monitor but is not shown. To get a half-way decent picture size within the main window you have to fit the pic to screen.
- The toolbar shows an extension button to get more tools shown instead of the only tool missing [fill]. Rather stupid.
- Nikon promises faster batch processing, which I haven't tested, yet, sadly overall speed seems to have taken a major hit.

As always the update consisit of a full install on top of the existing version [as long as it is CNX2]. I would like to see more programs using the update feature of Windows Software [the Control Panel], which makes it much easier to roll back.

Dierk

IDimager on Windows XP/SP2; 3.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, loads of storage space.
Other: Nikon D2x, Nikon D200, Capture NX 2, Adobe Creative Suite 3
Dierk

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:27:31 AM »

Hm, am I the only one using CNX2?

Dierk

johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 12:47:01 AM »

Probably not, Dierk. I had NX1 but chose not to upgrade.

John
scottb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:19:07 AM »

I know I read about some problems with a European version of the 2.2 update, which was pulled soon after its release. Are you still able to access the download you used from the Nikon site? If not, you'll probably need to revert until a re-release.

- Scott
Dierk

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 12:28:36 AM »

I use the US version but ...

Trying to revert got me into real trouble - godawful unistaller trashed the whole directory incl. files not being installed by the installer [that is, for instance, older insatallers]. It looks like Nikon decided to not give access to older versions anymore ... As I am not able to get 2.1.1 [English, US version], and cannot ask anyone to sent it to me if he still got it, I am stuck with 2.2.0. Let's hope my original problems were due to some strange installation glitch and a new install will remedy the most blatant problems.

BTW, before trashing 2.2.0 I used batching yesterday. Whatever Nikon measured, the improvements are either negative or immeasurable by normal standards.

Dierk

amaupin

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 01:48:53 PM »

I ran into a problem on my MacPro when I upgraded to Snow Leopard.  I ended up having to downgrade Capture NX2 to 2.0.0.  2.2.2 just crashed consistently.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: