The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 07:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Useful Stuff
| |-+  DAMuseful Software
| | |-+  Problem with Rank & File in CS4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problem with Rank & File in CS4  (Read 4295 times)
Arlen

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »

Recently I've been having a problem with Rank & File in CS4 that I hadn't noticed before. When a folder contains more than 14-15 images, R&F seems to run OK, but when I check the files, only the first 14-15 images have keywords and preserved filenames written to the metadata. If I then select the remaining images and run it again, the same thing happens; only the first 14-15 images in the new selection have metadata written. The summary dialog at the end of the process says the operation was performed on all the files, without reporting any errors. So I have to select groups of 14 to get the job done, which of course is too laborious to continue very long.

I never had a problem like this in CS3, but I'm not sure if it's a Bridge CS4 thing, or something else. I'm runing Rank & File v. 1.16, on a PC, with XP-Pro. Is this something anyone else has encountered? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Arlen
Arlen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 06:05:24 PM »

I tried reinstalling CS4, but still have the problem with R&F. I did find that the number of files that get the label and star keywords, and preserved file name added, varies a bit; usually 14-15 files, but sometimes up to 19. But the remainder of the files in a folder aren't being written to. Peter, any insight on this problem?
e.bravo

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 03:30:41 PM »

Hello Arlen,

I have some kind of the same problem. I found your post and one from Richard Davis (quoted at the end of this post) describing some sort of the same problem, but neither of your posts have a reply with a solution.

Have you realized, or someone else, what should be done in order to solve this problem with Rank and File?  I'm runing Rank & File v. 1.16, on a Mac, with CS5.

Thanks

Erick Bravo

Hi Peter,

What's the current version of Rank and File Lite and how do I get a copy?

I've been seeing some buggy performance with R+F Lite on Bridge CS5. It reports all the files have been updated but only the first 12 ~ 16 files are actually updates so I have to use it in small chunks which is very frustrating. I checked the version I'm using at in the .jsx file it says: Version 1.1 -- 4/16/06 so I'm wondering if I have the latest version.

Thanks,
Richard.

Arlen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 02:13:11 PM »

Eric,

No, I never found a remedy, nor got any advice towards solving it. The buggy behavior continues with CS5. I think maybe everyone else stopped using Rank & File, so that no one else considers it an issue, and solving the problem is not a priority. Too bad, because it was a useful function when it worked. I pretty much had to give up on it, but if you or anyone else comes up with a fix, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Arlen
e.bravo

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 05:14:54 PM »

Thanks Arlen,

I will let you know if I find a way to solve the problem.

Erick
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: