Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Problems with SP2 - progress report
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 02:38:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Problems with SP2 - progress report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problems with SP2 - progress report  (Read 3272 times)
AnitaOakley

View Profile Email
« on: March 04, 2009, 04:57:42 PM »

Hello,

As several threads have discussed, we have two rather bad issues connected to SP2:

1. Even if you have offline previews built, they won't show in the Media View
2. Asynchronous rendering may get stuck if you page through images in Media View or the Light Table

Microsoft developers have found a fix for offline previews, and it's currently in testing. As soon as we feel confident that the fix does not have any undesirable side-effects, we will release an update.

The asynchronous rendering issue is still under investigation. When we have a fix for it, we'll test and release it as a hotfix as well.

Regards,
Anita Oakley
Microsoft Expression Media
Dierk

149167100 Dierk54@Hotmail.com Evo2Me dhslowhand
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 04:33:17 AM »

Something about my general pet peeve, communication. Could we please get build numbers published with releases? That way we would be better off discussing specifics, or handle possible typos or broken installations.

As I mentioned earlier, my installation - invoked via Windows Update - tells me it is SP2 when I look in the Software.CPL but the About box gives me SP1

It also shows a build number, which could be used to ID where the mistake lies. I am now close to convinced it is SP2, simply for the different behaviour of certain tasks, like having a mini-preview with a circular arrow icon while xMedia builds views in the light table etc.

Dierk

IDimager on Windows XP/SP2; 3.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, loads of storage space.
Other: Nikon D2x, Nikon D200, Capture NX 2, Adobe Creative Suite 3
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:22:53 AM »

On my Mac systems, 2.0.1 was service pack one.  It jumped to 2.0.2 when service pack two was installed.  You would seem to have SP2 installed.

Bob Smith
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: