Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
GPS in EM2
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2021, 10:39:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  GPS/ Geotagging
| | |-+  GPS in EM2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GPS in EM2  (Read 13382 times)
msbc

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2009, 05:36:09 AM »

Hi,

Just upgraded IV3 to EM2 SP2 on Mac. I'm noticing that my DNG's don't show any of my GPS data in the Annotations panel even though the values are displayed in PhotoMechanic. Any one else seeing this?

- Mark
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 06:24:30 AM »

Mark,
Yes, it's a little flaky on display.
If you open Virtual Earth, will it put a pin in the right spot?
Peter
msbc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:01:59 PM »

Peter,

Yes, Virtual earth does display the pin.

SP3 maybe?

- Mark
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 09:43:40 PM »

Mark,
So the pin shows that it's in the database - that part's good at least.
Part of the problem is that they are unsure how to deal with EXIF - when and where to write it. It's not entirely simple, but I wish it had been fixed in SP2.
Who knows if there will be SP3 - given some of the other issues, maybe.
Peter
Bill Lewis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 11:45:41 AM »

Just began geotagging my images using my GPS tracklog. Everything works fine, I see the coordinates in LR, Bridge and BreezeBrowser Pro but after importing to EM2 SP2 I find that EM is not displaying the coordinates in the info panel. Tried Peter's trick (in a post above) of opening Virtual Earth but no pin. I'm assuming that EM is not reading the coordinates in the EXIF data and the coordinates must be copied & pasted to EM or am I missing something?

Thanks for any comments.

Bill
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »

Bill,
There are a bunch of pain points on this one.  THose include EM2's undeniably flaky implementation of GPS. It also includes the likely discrepancy between what's written to EXIF and the XMP version of EXIF.

Hopefully this is fixed before too long.  At the moment, the important thing is to be able to see the tags in at least one application.  If they are present, then the tags can ultimately be migrated to the right place.
Peter
Bill Lewis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 03:54:34 AM »

Peter,

Like the mysterious DAM forum performance slow down which then seemed to repair itself earlier this year, suddenly the coordinates began appearing in EM as they should. As you say go figure, I'll just keep my fingers crossed to be on the safe side on both counts!

Thanks for your reply,
Bill
David
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »

Has anyone written an AppleScript that would take the EXIF lat long information and put it in the IPTC header (Annotations) of EM2?
Is this worth it?

---
David
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: