Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
II_Pro and Windows 7
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 06:10:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  II_Pro and Windows 7
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: II_Pro and Windows 7  (Read 5669 times)
BoglePhoto

BoglePhoto BoglePhoto
View Profile WWW
« on: July 13, 2010, 06:16:18 PM »

Anyone else having issues with IIPro and Windows 7 64 bit Pro?

I have it on my desktop with an i7 processor and 12 GB of ram, and it does two very annoying things:

1. Program is "unverified" so each time I launch it the dialog box has to appear (this does not happen in Vista 64 bit - I thought we were getting away from this). I can't seem to shut this off.

2. None of the presets, other than file naming naming seem to work. Particularly, it does not insert copyright information, location or address (yes I have saved all of these as presets), develop settings as presets (I have tried several) or do much more than set up the folders and run the dng converter. I have triple checked my settings, deleted, copied my "punch" settings from vista 64, triple checked spelling and capitalization, loaded Peter's new process, and still the same issues. I uninstalled the program, and all of the settings came back on download.

I love this program. It prepares the basic files so well that it streamlines my workflow, but not when it does not work. I have set it to run as Administrator, no change. E-mailed Marc and sent him files and screen shots but he could not offer any help as he is not familar with "punch settings." Tried other things to get it to work, and now even open all files when downloaded at once and use Camera Raw to apply presets, which works for the Punch issue, but is a pain to do this. Is this just a windows 7 issue (or a PC issue).

My vista 64 laptop has no issues, so I have been forced to download files on the laptop, but would rather use the desktop to get the settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Bogle, Jr.

www.BoglePhoto.com

www.BoglePhoto.com, blog at www.BoglePhoto.blogspot.com
PC AMD 64 x2 dual core 5200+ 2.6Ghz, Vista 32bit SP1,PS CS3, Lightroom 2, IIP, EM2, Dell Studio 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo, Vista 64 bit
PatrickArnold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:46:32 PM »

Not much help bu I have IIP running on an i7 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and 8 GB RAM and no problems related to the OS or processor.

Mine was a clean OS install and I made sure to install IIP (and anything else) using an Administrator user although I usually use it as a Normal user.

Are you using JPEG files and merge XMP? I did discover an issue that if you have a develop setting other than [None] and merge XMPs the metadata failed to make it into the JPEG file. Your metadata problem may not be related to x64 or Windows 7.

Patrick.
grahamw2

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 03:55:47 AM »

Not much help here either.  I am running Win7 pro x64 on a Core2 Quad and 4 GB of RAM.  I am having the issue of no keywords being entered into the .xmp or jpeg (merge xmp).  Also having an issue with Win7/IIP in that the date created in Windows 7 speak is shown as the day you copy the files from the memory card, which obviously may not be the day of the shoot.  Using Peter Krogh's method of renaming i.e. name_yymmdd_image number.xxx, IIP will use this incorrect date rather than reading exif/iptc data from the image itself.  But only happens occasionally which is making it hard for me to pin point the cause.  Frustrating, having to resort to Adobe Bridge which is slower and can't get as many things done in one batch.  grahamw2
BoglePhoto

BoglePhoto BoglePhoto
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 09:58:59 AM »

No. I am not downloading JPEGS but NEF files and using the DNG converter to convert on download. The information shows up in the XMP side car files when examined in notepad in the first back up with the NEF file, but not in the second backup or the main file. No keywords, locations, copyright or settings. I am having to add that afterwards. I do get the date correct and the file numbers and folders created, however.

I have sent Marc sample files showing the XMP information in the NEF side car and not in the DNG. If all else fails, I may try to again uninstall the program, clean it out and then go step by step with the latest dng converter, etc. It is really got me baffled.

Thanks for your thoughts, and any other advise is welcome. It seems that Windows 7 does present an issue to it.

Any help on the unverified software issue and the annoying prompt? It also does not show the "clear log" dialog that it does running Vista 64 bit. Something is wrong.

Bill Bogle, Jr.

www.BoglePhoto.com

PC AMD 64 x2 dual core 5200+ 2.6Ghz, Vista 32bit SP1,PS CS3, Lightroom 2, IIP, EM2, Dell Studio 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo, Vista 64 bit
ScottBuckel

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 11:59:16 AM »

Bill - I will not be much help, in that I am not having any of these issues you describe.  IIP is working very well for me.  The only issue I have is it doe not do the multiple card ingestion for me.  Maybe Microsoft can help you with warning?

Scott

Scott Buckel
Monrovia, CA
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 10:06:34 AM »

Bill,
When you say it does not work, do you mean that the embedded stuff is not seen in the DNG?  IF so, can the data be read out of a sidecar file?
Sometimes metadata syntax can stop Photoshop (or whatever program) from parsing the metadata.
Peter
BoglePhoto

BoglePhoto BoglePhoto
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 12:28:39 PM »

Peter,

The download which has the NEF file and the XMP sidecar shows the correct changes and Metadata. The DNG file that is created on ingestion has the correct file name, folder, but lacks any of the information from quick fields like photographer name, address, copyright or the address, city, state, etc. It also fails to load the preset such as punch int he converted DNG. It is strange as it runs fine on Vista 64 bit, but not Windows 7 64 bit. I have tried to delete IIP on the Windows 7 machine, even going as far as third party removal programs, and when I reload IIP it has all of my presets and it runs the same way.

Marc e-mailed me and told me this is an issue he is looking into, but it will take a lot more time. I sent him the NEF with the XMP file and the DNG file. My work around is to use my laptop with Vista 64 for ingestion. I will try to load it cleanly on a new Win 7 64 bit desktop when I get it as well.

Bill

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »

Bill,
If you want to chase it down, you could do what I did to find out the date problem with Photoshop.  I opened the sidecar file and deleted almost everything, and saw if the problem persisted.  I would try with whole classes of data (such as the camera raw data, then IPTC, etc.)  It's likely that there's something in there that is choking the parsing of the information.

I think I also tried to take a sidecar that did work - one created in Bridge, and put the "chunks" of XMP back in, to see if any particular one choked the parsing.

Not necessarily a fun job, but kind of a pleasing "idiot's delight", especially if you identify the problem.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: