The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 05:40:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Scans and Camera Scans
| | |-+  Camera scans with Nikon D3 cameras: What about the Nikon PB-6 and film carrier?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Camera scans with Nikon D3 cameras: What about the Nikon PB-6 and film carrier?  (Read 4486 times)
Ellis Vener

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 14, 2009, 12:27:47 PM »

I think Really Right Stuff is terrific and god knows I own enough of it already  , but why does no one mention the Nikon PB-6 + film holder as a solution for D3/D3X bodies?  Are there incompatibility problems between the size/shape of the body and the camera end of the PB-6? Does the Krogh  RRS rig yield better alignment?
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 06:25:11 AM »

Ellis,
Unfortunately, you can't put a D3X on the PB6.

So, RRS is the solution.  If you have medium format to scan, I'd say that t Beseler Dual Mode Slide Duplicator is best, or maybe a Kenro.  Available every now and then on Ebay.
Peter
blatantimage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 03:13:43 PM »

Is there a reason these wont work? PB-4?
I have heard the "Nikon Reason" which states the incompatibility due to the extra step of the landscape/portrait rotation due to the grip  -or- is it due to the electronic contacts?
Weird thing is, i have seen the PB-4 rig used on a D90.

Thanks!
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 04:45:54 PM »

Blatantiumages (name?)

I have not tried to put a camera on the PB4.  It's possible that it would work. When I was trying this unit out, there was no full-frame camera available (except the Kodak 14n which did not fit on the bellows).

I'm pretty sure I don't have one of those here to test, but, like the PB6, I'm pretty sure it would only work with the D700, if it worked at all.

Peter
blatantimage

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 06:55:40 AM »

I'll give it a shot when I'm back to my home base and report back.
Just found the site- great stuff!

Best,

-victor-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: