Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Old Question re: going to EM2 - for Peter, John ...
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2020, 07:17:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Old Question re: going to EM2 - for Peter, John ...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Old Question re: going to EM2 - for Peter, John ...  (Read 3614 times)
Ron Berlier

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »

Greetings Peter, John and the other experts, or heavy users here -

Please excuse the fact that this is an old question, but since the release of the service pack 'I' thought it might be worth asking again.

I'm one of those users who has continued to put off making the jump and converting a bunch of old photos and slides to the computer. Way back in the last ice age I purchased iView3 and then downloaded EM1. I have played a bit with each, but did not want to invest a lot of time learning either product until there was a significantly clear direction to go.

So, my question to Peter, John and all the other knowledgeable heavy DAM users is: do you feel the functionality and stability of the EM2 product is worth the time and financial investment for me to now jump in with both feet and not look back?

Again, I know the topic has been well discussed previously, but not with consideration to the latest service pack.

Thanks in advance for anyone who is will to take the time to reply to my inquiry, I greatly appreciate it.

Ron
Eugene, OR

Ron
"Curiosity is a terrible thing to waste"
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:57:28 AM »

Ron

I see no reason to hold back. I'm using EM2 SP1 and think it's fine - odd niggles, but little improvements too.

John
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 06:53:52 AM »

Ron,
With the release of SP1, I moved over to EM totally from iView.
It's important to understand that the work you do in Expression is not confined to that program alone. Since the metadata can be exported back to the files, you can make use of it in other programs, and even leave the program entirely to use another DAM application when you decide to move on.
Yes, I say, just do it.
Peter
Ron Berlier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 12:58:35 PM »

Peter and John,

Thanks for the replies you have elevated my comfort level regarding EM2 greatly and I will take the plunge.

Again, my thanks -

Ron
"Curiosity is a terrible thing to waste"
Arlen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 05:19:58 PM »

EM is much better than it was. Just be careful using Hierarchical Keywords until they release the fix next month.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: