Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
EM 2 Thumbnails on XP64 bit
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 01:13:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  EM 2 Thumbnails on XP64 bit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EM 2 Thumbnails on XP64 bit  (Read 2270 times)
Howard

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2009, 08:18:49 AM »

Hello All

I am new to this forum so here goes. I have been using iview with varying degrees of success for around 5 years on both PC and Mac. I now have a new PC which is running XP 64bit which is fast and good. Alas iview will no longer work on it since it does not seem to be compatible with the latest versions of quick time.

I have downloaded EM 2 which looks good but it in thumbnail mode it will not even view any jpegs. In media mode it views both raws and jpegs. Is there anyway I can view the thumbnails?! I have tried rebuilding the pictures but to no effect. EM 2 by the way shows my old iview pro catalogues quite happily in both thumbnail views and media view. Anything added to those catalogues will still not be viewed by EM in thumbnail mode.

The EM forum has not brought a successful conclusion to my frustrations!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Howard
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:12:27 PM »

Courtesy of Daniel Smith in South Africa...

Details and obscure jargon
The problem appears to have been that "Windows Imaging Components, 64 bit version" wasn't installed on Maryann's machine. This problem will come up again if Expression Media is installed on any of the other XP 64 bit machines (all the retouchers+Magloire).

One painful techie word to the wise: downloading WIC x64 must be done using the 64bit version of IE7, otherwise WGA kicks in and stops everything working. When browsing the MS download site with IE7 x64, WGA gets bypassed; using IE7 x86, the WGA ActiveX thingum downloads but fails to run. WGA stops firefox working as well.

_____

See if that solves it.
Peter
Howard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 08:31:23 AM »

Dear Peter (And Daniel Smith of South Africa)

Thank you so much I have spent days trying to figure this out. The expressions forum at microsoft were really not of any use. One e.mail to this one and it looks like it is fixed!

Fingers crossed.

Thank you again.

Howard
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: