Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Slow import to EM2 from DVD
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 02:05:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Slow import to EM2 from DVD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Slow import to EM2 from DVD  (Read 2194 times)
Stretch Tuemmler

View Profile Email
« on: January 28, 2009, 05:54:08 PM »

I'm trying to add images stored offline on DVD's to a catalog, it's incredibly slow.  I do have it set to high quality/ large previews in in "Thumbnails & Previews".  Create full screen previews is also checked.  I just added 8 images that the media was a little under 4 G, it took 8 minutes.  I  was importing by selecting files & folders.  Is it slow because our files are so large or because we are building large previews?  I'm comparing EM2 to Extensis Portfolio and Lightroom which import from DVD's much faster.

Another issue I have is EM2 not being able to export to email for files stored offline but I guess that's just a limitation for now.

Thanks,

Stretch
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:40:03 PM »

Stretch,
For EM to make the thumbnail, it needs to open the entire file, do that can take a while.

How does the time compare to opening those same files?
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: