Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hierarchical Keyword Bug
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 03:41:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Hierarchical Keyword Bug
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hierarchical Keyword Bug  (Read 2066 times)
NDavies

View Profile Email
« on: January 17, 2009, 05:43:39 AM »

Hi

You may or may not be aware of a hierachical keywording bug that can lead to keyword corruption.

If you don't drag keywords around in the hierarchy (e.g. to make them alphabetical) everything is fine. But say you had lemon, orange, grapefruit, and kiwi in the bottom of the hierarchy, and you drag kiwi up above orange, it would apply the flat keywords orange and grapefruit to all the kiwis. There is a fuller explanation on the Expression Media Forums.

Microsoft say this will be fixed in the next update ...

ND
Arlen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »

Thanks for posting this here, Nick. I was going to do it but was traveling for a while. I was the one who brought it to the attention of the Microsoft team, and honestly I'm astounded that this was not picked up earlier. It's a pretty serious flaw in my opinion. People need to know about it to avoid a lot of wasted effort like I and some others have encountered, until the fix is released. You can read the details on the MS Expression Media forum here: Re-ordering Hierarchical Keywords jumbles image assignments: bug

Arlen
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: