Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Anyone using ImageFolio?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 15, 2021, 11:15:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Choosing Software/Other DAM Applications
| | |-+  Anyone using ImageFolio?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone using ImageFolio?  (Read 9122 times)
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: October 06, 2009, 06:20:56 AM »

http://if4.imagefolio.com/

Anyone using this software. It looks very promising. There is an example of it in use here:
http://www.bushphoto.com/bp/cgi-bin/ImageFolio42/imageFolio.cgi?advsearch=1
Peter
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 03:06:24 AM »

I ran two sites on an earlier version of their "Commerce" version for maybe three years.  I'm kind of surprised to see that it's still around.  It's powerful software with a lot of potential but someone buying really needs to be aware of what they are getting.  A good PHP guru can relatively easily modify it to fit most any site design.  Their price for the package is WAY less than what you'd pay to have someone custom design such a system.  If the system works off the shelf for you... or you're into script coding needed mods yourself... it's a good deal.  But... their support was about as bad as any I've experienced.  Waiting on them for custom mods, bug fixes, or updates could easily take months. I learned a LOT about PHP/CGI during my time using this software.  I learned out of necessity as my sites would have died waiting on responses from BizDesign.  They ran forums much as you do here with many active users but pretty much zero participation by the actual software authors and maintainers.

After waiting ages for updates, I finally tossed my sizable investment in Imagefolio and switched to LightboxPhoto.  I learned about LightboxPhoto from other disgruntled users on ImageFolio's own forum.  There were lengthy threads on the topic that stayed up there for months.  That should tell you something about how serious the ImageFolio people were about support.  LightBoxPhoto is a vastly better product and with much better support.  I've been quite happy with the switch (maybe three years ago). I run their "Enterprise" version for hosting private pages of proofs and archives for my commercial clients.  I run it (and Imagefolio) on a self hosted server... a G5 running Leopard Server on a commercial cable internet connection.

Here's a sample of some LightBoxPhoto sites:

http://www.lightboxphoto.com/gallery_software/customize.htm

Bob Smith
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: