Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
iPhone and GPS
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2021, 10:22:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  GPS/ Geotagging
| | |-+  iPhone and GPS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: iPhone and GPS  (Read 6143 times)
Richard Earney

richard.earney
View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:06:13 AM »

I have started to use a combination of my iPhone 3G, Trails (an iPhone application which is £1.19) and HoudahGeo to GPS tag my images. I have to say it works really well and provides an accurate set of positions.

You align the Camera and iPhone times, set Trails running for your trip. When you have finished, you email yourself a GPX file (from within the application). Drop the images onto HoudahGeo, then drag the GPX file. The two are married up and you write the data to the EXIF.

I posted here http://inside-lightroom.com/2008/12/14/iphone-and-geolocation/ about it and the App's author has posted some info too http://trails.lamouroux.de/geotag-photos-using-iphone-trails.html.

Richard Earney

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:51:47 AM »

Richard,
Thanks for posting.
I was thinking just last night that I need to get one of them iPhones just for this kind of testing...
Peter
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »

Richard

Have you noticed there's a HoudahGeo 2 beta which accesses LR2 catalogues?

Edit: However I have been using a smart collection to capture images without geocodes, and then drag to HoudahGeo (it can't currently see smart collections' items)

John
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:22:47 PM by johnbeardy » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: