Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Updating DNG previews in ACR 5.2 vs. LR2
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2020, 07:51:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Updating DNG previews in ACR 5.2 vs. LR2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Updating DNG previews in ACR 5.2 vs. LR2  (Read 2697 times)
Rico Schwartzberg

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:05:04 AM »

I usually convert my CR2 files to DNG and process in LR2.  In LR2 I update the DNG preview using the "Update DNG Preview & Metadata" menu command so I can see the changes in Expression Media, which is my preferred DAM platform.

Occasionally I skip LR2 and process in ACR 5.2. However there doesn't seem to be a way to update the DNG preview directly from ACR. I've tried the Save Image button but that doesn't do the trick. EM doesn't see the ACR changes. I'm forced to open the file in LR2 and then update the preview from there in order for EM to see the changes.

Am I missing something or is this a flaw built into ACR?

Thanks for any help.
Rico
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:31:20 AM »

There's a flyout menu in the right side of the bar on top of the panel where all of the controls are in ACR.  One of the menu choices you'll see is "Update DNG Previews".  This flyout menu is the same one you'd use for saving or loading camera defaults if that helps you find where it is.

Bob Smith
Rico Schwartzberg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »

Thanks Bob for pointing me to the correct place. Of course, I looked everywhere throughout the ACR interface except where the menu item actually was.

Rico
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: