Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Why make folders at all?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 06, 2020, 08:43:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Why make folders at all?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Why make folders at all?  (Read 13091 times)
danaltick

evaa-xdtb@spamex.com danaltick
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 11:05:55 AM »

Peter,

I share the same sentiment.  I'm not even a full time professional (working on it), but given my years of experience with computers, backups, and media in general, two hard drive copies would just not let me sleep at night; especially if my digital assets were extremely valuable.  And even more so if they were my sole source of income.  You just cited another complication with Lightroom.  I do like being able to just drag my new buckets to iView/EM and then using catalog sets for any further organizaition; not to mention multiple catalog capability.  With Bridge and ACR continuing to improve, I just can't justify switching over just yet.  I am interested to read your perspective on this in your new book.  Looking forward to it.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: