Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Serial number with multiple users
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 02:54:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Serial number with multiple users
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Serial number with multiple users  (Read 3134 times)
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2008, 12:15:45 PM »

I know I should probably ask this on Microsoft's site but it'll take ages to find the right spot so I figure I'll try here first.

I manage a lab of about a dozen iMacs and have a multi-user education license for Expression Media 2.  I installed it on each computer as an admin and entered the license number.  All works as expected on every computer when I'm logged in as the admin that installed the software.  However if any different user tries to log in and use the software on the same computer... they're given a thirty day trial and then prompted for the license key.  I've never encountered a software package that insists on a serial number for each individual user on a given computer.  Any ideas?  Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Bob Smith
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 01:32:44 PM »

Sounds like a bug to me.
I'll ping Microsoft.
Peter
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »

Thanks.  If you or someone else wants to test this on their computer... When you log in as a user other than the one that installed Expression Media, look under the Help menu.  If you see the option to "Enter License" (or something like that) then you aren't running as a recognized licensed user and you'll get prompted for a number when the trial period is up.  Once the license number is entered and recognized, the "Enter License" option disappears from the Help menu.  It's difficult to tell whether you're running on a trial version or not without looking for this item under Help.

Bob Smith
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »

Bob,
I heard back from the Expression Product Manager.  He's filed a bug and they'll track it down.  Are you using the first or second release of EM2?
Peter
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »

Thanks... I'm using Expression Media 2.01 (service pack 1 is installed)

Bob Smith
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: