Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
QF Macro Problem
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 01:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  QF Macro Problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: QF Macro Problem  (Read 3788 times)
aherbick

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2008, 09:44:40 PM »

Hey Marc,

I'm using IIP 3.2.04 and trying to streamline my metadata entry by using the following in the "Caption/Description" field:
{@DateTimeMonth} {@datetime,5,2}, {@datetime,1,4} - {@QF.city}, {@QF.state}, {@QF.country} - {@QF.subject} - IMAGE © Andy Herbick 2008 | www.andyherbickphotography.com - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

In order to end up with something like this:
November 11, 2008 - CHESAPEAKE BAY, MD, USA - The delivery of the TRT1200CR sailing catamaran 'Raekved', from Edgewater to St. Mary's, Maryland. - IMAGE © Andy Herbick 2008 | www.andyherbickphotography.com - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

But with {@QF.subject} buried in the middle of the caption it doesn't show up in the Quick Fields input section.  My current workaround is to include {@QF.subject} by itself in Headline to get it to show up for input and then delete that from all the files after importing to LR.

Thanks,

Andy

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 06:13:30 AM »

Andy,
Cool idea.  I assume that all the other Quick Fields also show up somewhere else, (like Cit is in the IPTC City field). I assume this means that IIP only makes one QF per IPTC field.

Is there a need to delete the data from the headline field? This seems like appropriate information to put there.
Peter
aherbick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 02:16:07 PM »

Hey Peter,

You seem to be right about the one QF per IPTC field - at least that's the way it seems to be working.

You're also right about the Headline info...not a big deal to have it there but awhile back I started with the "Filename to Title" hijack which helps me with renaming but I've found myself sometimes actually needing a Title so I started to hijack Headline for that.  So Title = Filename and then sometimes Headline = Title.  A tangled web but it works.

Thanks for the reply,

Andy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: