Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
A few newbie EM2 questions
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 03:59:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  A few newbie EM2 questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A few newbie EM2 questions  (Read 2671 times)
djaef

View Profile Email
« on: November 18, 2008, 06:37:47 PM »

Hi.
I've been exploring this DAM thing for a year or two now, but slowly, as I have my fingers in many pies.

I believe I have a good understanding of DAM practices up to the point the archived dng files are stored away and have been catalogued.

But after that I haven't made it very far. EM2 appears to have a huge variety of possibilities yet I don't find it easy to learn and I think the interface is pretty poor.

I'll start with what is probably a most basic question, yet I can't seem to see an obvious answer.

Let's say I have adjusted, rated and ranked all my original images and made a catalogue in EM2. Then I have gone back through Bridge and done a bit of cropping, and image adjustment on several images. How does that updated information (in way of the full size jpg preview, or new keywords or whatever) get brought into the catalogue? Is it only through 'rebuilding' the item in question? If I add a keyword in Bridge, I understand it's getting written straight into the dng file. But it doesn't appear to be coming back into EM2 with a  rebuild. I'm sure I'm missing something in the basic relationship between Bridge and EM2.

I'll leave it at that. I'm sure I should read the 171 page EM2 user manual, but I'm resisting. I have looked at it, but it's not exactly riveting reading...

Thanks

Geoff
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 08:44:01 PM »

Geoff,
You are right - if you make changes to a previously archived image, you will need to rebuild it to get EM to see the changes in Thumbnail view.  (In media view, it would go and find the item, and show the current state.)

THis is one of several reasons to do a good job making a proofing adjustment before you archive the files.

Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: