Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Metadata not appearing within EM
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 04:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Metadata not appearing within EM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Metadata not appearing within EM  (Read 3474 times)
mtpaper

View Profile Email
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:18:44 AM »

I've been spending HOURS writing info on my pc via Imatch, to iptc fields of images - for transfer to my mac and EM. I did test runs, and all seemed well.

I just created a catalog to see how the info looked in EM, and a lot of the work I've done is not 'visible' by EM. For example, there are many keywords, as well as city, state and sublocations, that aren't being seen by EM.

When I look at the images via Bridge on my mac, the info is there as IPTC Core.

When I look at the images via PhotoShop CS3 on my mac, the info is there (via the tabs for Description, IPTC Image, IPTC Content, and Origin).

When I look at the images via EM on my mac, the info does not appear.  I have Synched my annotations to be sure they are the most current.

Some of the metadata I added does appear, and some doesn't.
For example, I have an image where I added 2 keywords, then a week later I added a 3rd. The new keyword doesn't appear in EM.
For some images, the location data does appear in EM, for other images, the location data doesn't appear.

The images are TIF and JPG.

What's going on?Huh

Thank you -
Marion - distressed in Rochester

Marion
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:49:39 AM »

Marion,
Can you tell me if the metadata *always* is skipped?

Try to make a new catalog, and add photos that don't show metadata in the previous import.  Does it always fail to import, or does it sometimes show up.

also, give information on which version you are using, plus system.  Always important when outlining problems.
Peter
mtpaper

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 08:19:12 PM »

Hi Peter -
The problem is with how I'm processing the files within iMatch, so I'm addressing it with the folks at that forum....

I know enough about databases and computers and metadata to know what I want, but not enough knowledge or time to be able to feel in command of any this.... it all might be easier if I were just working with current digital images - but I'm working with 100s of scanned images and everything is too complicated for me.

I create a new catalog within EM-2/mac each time I update the images within iMatch. 
I can see the data within iMatch's IPTC editor
I can see the data within Bridge CS3
But sometime in the past month I turned off some option within iMatch and the data is not being embedded in a way that EM-2 can see it.

Thank you Peter -
Marion in Rochester

Marion
cdubea

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 11:17:09 AM »

Hi Marion,

I've seen your posting in the iMAtch forum and noticed your discussions here.  How is your process working out?  I'm curious as I'm on the verge of migrating from iMatch to EM myself.  Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

chris

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: