Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
DNG Preview Issues
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 06:24:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  DNG Preview Issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DNG Preview Issues  (Read 5782 times)
Anthony Millan

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2008, 11:31:32 AM »

Hello All,

I'm currently using Leopard and have noticed that when I go to preview the thumbnails for a DNG image (in columns view) or using quick look, that the image shown is not the "corrected" image that I see in iView or Bridge, based on it's metadata-header info. Is there a current work around for this? so that I can rapidly scroll through my files/folders and have the correct "Thumbnail/Preview" be displayed?

Peter, is this the preview issue in lightroom that you were waiting to be fixed and that you had mentioned in the "What is your current workflow"? topic. (2006) Having not used lightroom yet, I'm curious to know if this is resolved.

Thanks,
Anthony Millan
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 02:59:12 PM »

Anthony,
iView/Expression can replace the thumbnail preview with one made from the embedded preview, and therefore shows the corrections you've made.
Peter
Anthony Millan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 01:36:46 PM »

Thanks Peter,

I have no problems viewing the previews in iView, just when browsing images as files on my desktop. I think it is a Leopard bug that is not worked out yet.

Anthony Millan
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 12:21:35 PM »

Anthony,
iView/Expression - Action>Set Finder Properties>Desktop Icon.
Peter
Anthony Millan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 03:57:01 PM »

Sorry to revisit this post Peter.

I've tried setting the "Action>Set Finder Properties>Desktop Icon" in iView, to create a "corrected" thumbnail for my desktop icons, but to no avail. If I have a JPEG image that has vignetting, the vignetting shows up in the thumbnail image with the file on my desktop as well as what appears when I use quick-look and also appears if I open the file in photoshop or any other program. If the same image has vignetting, but is a DNG file, the vignetting doesn't show up in the desktop thumbnail, nor does it show up in quick-look. It does appear in Camera Raw, or Bridge, or iView though. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Anthony Millan

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:56:22 PM »

Anthony,
I guess Apple only wants to generate its own preview (which it does by decoding the raw data with Apple Core Image).  It seems to be totally disregarding any embedded previews or thumbnails.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: