Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Transitioning to Lightroom from Bridge for Browsing & Camera RAW?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 06:41:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Lightroom
| | |-+  Transitioning to Lightroom from Bridge for Browsing & Camera RAW?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Transitioning to Lightroom from Bridge for Browsing & Camera RAW?  (Read 17535 times)
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 06:14:36 AM »

Dennis,
Remember it's less than 3 hours of content, so it's won't be an in-depth look at any of the programs in particular.  Hope to see you there.

As to which app to use, here's how I divide it up.  When I have a job to process quickly, I generally bring it through Bridge.  I find it quicker to run through there.  Yes, RapidFixer can be a big help here.

If I have a large shoot that I need to revisit for multiple passes doing selections and develop adjustments, then I'll do it in Lightroom.

In either case, once the images are good enough to proof from, I'll make DNGs and send to the archive and catalog with EM2.

Peter

Dennis O'Clair

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 07:33:10 AM »

Peter,

I think I have come to the same conclusions regarding LR and Bridge.  Bridge for speed, LR for refinements.  I will be adding Rapid Fixer to my workflow.  From what I've read here on a separate thread, RF will install and work fine in CS4?

Dennis
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 07:51:09 AM »

Dennis,
Yes, it has been working fine for me. (You need to pay attention to your 100% preview settings).
Peter
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: