The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 05:29:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28003 Posts in 5130 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  iView MediaPro
| | |-+  iVMP 3.0.2. breaks Adobe Bridge's metadata panel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: iVMP 3.0.2. breaks Adobe Bridge's metadata panel  (Read 1824 times)
tho3hite

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2006, 08:25:22 AM »

I am seeing a problem in iVMP 3.0.2 where  running Action > Sync Annotations and using  Export Annotations to Original files causes Adobe Bridge's metadata panel to dissapear when viewing the synced files.

The metadata is also not visible in the Image Info utility. However, I can see the recently synced metadata by using Adobe's File Info dialog box.

I originally thought that the metadata was missing from the files and was only present in the catalog but I see now that the metadata is actually there but there seems to be a flaw in the metadata that Bridge's metadata panel--and some other apps--can't parse.

I would be curious what other users are seeing on different systems and with different DAMs or metadata aware programs.

--Thomas
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:05:31 AM »

I'm not seeing any unusual behaviour here on 3.02 build 4293 on Windows XP Pro. File formats include jpg, dng, psd, tif.

Have you got the latest version of the iView panel? The one that initially shipped with at least the Windows build was an older one (dated May 2005, IIRC).

John
onlyme

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:58:35 AM »

I am experiencing a similar problem with Bridge after I've assigned metadata in idImager.  I find that if I click on the image in Bridge after it's been in idImager no metadata will display and my label/rating will have disappeared.  All I get is the spinning icon, no matter how long I wait.  As you've had trouble between iView and Bridge and I've had it between idImager and Bridge it would appear that the problem lies with Bridge  Huh
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 11:31:36 AM »

I'm guessing it's an iView problem.  I have not been using 3.0.2 yet, too busy shooting and giving lectures to try out the new version.  I'll try to get to it this weekend, and see what's going on.
Peter
Muzza

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 04:33:21 AM »

Has this bug been fixed in 3.0.2 (429A). It seems alright for me, although dosen't help the files I synced (export meta) last month.
Muzza!!!
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 05:01:09 AM »

Okay, to revisit, is anybody still seeing this problem?
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: