Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
How can I get my file info data into the images when I create a web gallery?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:51:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  How can I get my file info data into the images when I create a web gallery?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How can I get my file info data into the images when I create a web gallery?  (Read 3171 times)
Richard Davis

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 05, 2008, 09:04:06 AM »

I don't know why I didn't check before, but I found a JPEG image on-line today, saved it to my hard drive, opened it in photoshop and found no file info data.  So I went to my web galleries that I have created using iView 3.12 through Expression 2, pulled some of those JPEGs to my computer and found that they also have no file info data embedded in them.  Although I have a watermark on my images, it's up in one corner and in many can be cropped out.  I'm surprised to find that the file info data in the original DNG is not being copied into the JPEG when iView/Expression creates an HTML gallery.  Perhaps it's becuase the web gallery is using the embedded preview JPEG from the DNG?

Is this normal?

How can I get my file info data into the images when I create a web gallery using Expression 2?  Do I need to use Photoshop to first make the JPEGs from the DNGs then use Expression to make a gallery from those JPEGs rather than directly from the DNGs?  If so, this is rather annoying! 

I looked at some other images I posted on blogs where I've used the Photoshop CS3 "save for web and devices" option and these images have the copyright status, notice and URL info embedded in them, but none of the other file info data so if I've renamed an image I can't see the original filename which ImageIngester places in the Title field.

Am I missing some preference set-up or something or is this normal?

Thanks!
Richard.

www.rkndproductions.com

johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:19:22 AM »

On the second tab of iView's Make HTML dialog, there's a checkbox for Embed Annotations. Maybe this was switched off? This would be my bet.

The only other thing I can think of is that you've used Photoshop's Save for Web which (I thought) stripped out all the metadata/

John
Richard Davis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 09:51:34 AM »

Thanks John!

I did indeed have the "Embed Annotations" unchecked, even though the EXIF/GPS was checked.  Checking that option on the settings panel appears to embed everything but the copyright status.

On the Photoshop CS3 save for web and devices dialog when you finally get to the "Save Optimized As" dialog there is a settings drop-down that includes the option "other".  If you select "other" then you can select an option to include the XMP in the optimized image.  So the CS3 Save for Web and Devices default does strip out the file info but you can create and save a setting that will include the XMP data if you want (and why would you want to post an image without embedding that ownership info which is why I asked my question in the first place when I found out that I wasn't embedding my ownership in my images on the web).

So I now need to spend a little time re-generating my galleries.

Thanks for the prompt answer, I really appreaciate it.

Richard.

www.rkndproductions.com

johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 09:55:48 AM »

You're welcome.

Depending on how much metadata you want to add, you could import the local versions of the galleries, add copyright info, and then upload them again. It might be quicker than regenerating the galleries from originals.

Hadn't noticed that in CS3, but I haven't been working with it much recently....

John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: