Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
EM sets to LR collections? or LR web templates to EM?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:26:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  EM sets to LR collections? or LR web templates to EM?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EM sets to LR collections? or LR web templates to EM?  (Read 2452 times)
Doug

View Profile Email
« on: August 01, 2008, 09:31:40 PM »

Just this week I've started checking out Lightroom. I have long been underwhelmed by the web gallery options in iView & Expressions Media. There is lots of active development of attractive, useful templates for the web module of Lightroom (www.theturninggate.net, for example).

I don't plan to use LR as my DAM app, for all the usual reasons. I really want to easily take advantage of its web galleries. So, I'm looking for either a way to export set information from EM into LR collections, or to use the great web templates available for LR with EM's web gallery feature.

I can think of a clumsy workaround, like making a set in EM, adding a special keyword, exporting the annotations to the files, importing the files to LR, then selecting images with that keyword and placing them in a collection. Yuck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Doug
Bill Lewis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 05:34:47 AM »

Doug,

Its been awhile since your post, but if you haven't come up with a way to get your sets into LR you might try this workaround.

Open set>select all>Action>transfer to folder>duplicate files>choose folder>select>click OK   Then import the destination folder to LR and save as a collection

This looks clunkier than it is. I've been using this workaround and it has served my purposes well.

Hope this is useful.

Bill
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: