Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Copying keywords from Lightroom
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 07:44:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Copying keywords from Lightroom
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Copying keywords from Lightroom  (Read 6603 times)
Langsey

View Profile Email
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:25:59 PM »

How do I copy my keyword hierarchy from Lightroom to EM2? I start work flow in Lightroom than CS3 if needed. than my final copy will be categorized in EM2. I need the keyword Hierarchy to follow the photo. What is the best solution? Thanks in advance.

John
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:15:17 PM »

I don't think you can copy it - EM2 won't let you import the list. But if you assign pictures to LR keywords, EM2 should read the keywords in the hierarchy.

John
Langsey

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 06:05:15 AM »

When I Bring the photos into EM2, it doesn't read the keywords or ratings from lightroom. Is there something that I am not doing?

John
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:20:52 AM »

What are the photos' file types? Done a Ctrl-S to save the metadata back to sidecars or DNGs? There's also an option in Export if that's the route you're following.

I must add that unless you really know what you're doing, and keep your head screwed on, you can easily get into a right mess trying to get hierarchical keywords to work across multiple applications or computers. I like to think that I do know, and still found things getting so messy that last week I completely flattened my hierarchies (I've never been really convinced of their value).

John
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 06:25:54 AM »

By the way, there is a nasty bug affecting sidecars - only the first 4 files will make it into EM2 with their sidecars. It's a big reason why I can't use or recommend EM2.

John
Langsey

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 06:44:45 AM »

John,

Does this bug affect DNG files that are exported to EM2 via the export function? If it does I may just doe everything in Lightroom or go back to iview

On the keyword question I must have missed clicking the keyword to lightroom option.

Thanks,

John
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 07:13:30 AM »

No, it only affects raw files and sidecars.

In Export, there's an option for including the hierarchy.

John
Patrickw

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »

Hi out there,

as far as it concerns DNG-files, I thought it might be useful to report that I can't replicate the XMP-sidecar bug others have reported about. I am on Mac OSX 10.5.3. XMP-files are created by IIP and I can import 10 DNG-files pictures (have not tried out more until now) with XMP information without problem.

Patrick
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 10:31:14 AM »

Isn't that because it's reading the metadata from the DNGs, not from the xmp sidecars? Not sure what's the point of creating xmp sidecars with DNGs either.

John
Patrickw

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 06:45:35 PM »

John,

at least some of the metadata are coming from the XMP-files and not from the DNG and EM2 has no problem.

I agree that it sounds strange to have XMP-files and DNG side by side. But as my camera produces DNG right away, using IIP to copy the pictures from the card gives me XMP-files besides right at the beginning. EM2 helps me to bring both information nicely together.

Patrick
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: