Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
IIP and Delkin's new ImageRouter?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 11:35:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  IIP and Delkin's new ImageRouter?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IIP and Delkin's new ImageRouter?  (Read 5196 times)
DrewFulton

View Profile Email
« on: April 24, 2008, 01:32:13 PM »

Delkin's new Image Router with it's 4 CF card slots seems like an ideal situation for those trying to work through a bunch of cards after a long days shoot.  I am wondering if IIP will work smoothly with it or what.  Basically, can you hit INGEST once and have it download all 4 cards? 

Here's a link to the hardware, http://www.delkin.com/products/connect/readers/imagerouter.html

Thanks!

Drew
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 02:08:10 PM »

Drew--

IIP can handle only one ingestion at a time, so it can't do any parallel processing.

--Marc

DrewFulton

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »

Thats what I was afraid of.  I am not sure how the ImageRouter works.  I thought it wasn't exactly parallel but just did one card then the next and then the next and on.  The advantage being that you don't have to sit and wait.  Any chance of adding a feature like this in the future?  Essentially be able to queue up multiple card readers in IIP and hit start?  That way you don't have to sit there the whole time and switch out cards.  Just a thought.

Drew

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »

It's something I want to do, Drew. I would do it so as to work with multiple readers no matter how they're attached (e.g., to separate USB ports). Not sure when I will get to it, though.

--Marc

DrewFulton

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 04:57:08 PM »

Marc,

As always thanks for the great support for IIP.  Not only is the software great but your personal service is unbeatable.

Drew

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 06:54:23 PM »

Drew--

Do you have one of these devices? I have a few technical questions that maybe you can answer.

--Marc

DrewFulton

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »

Marc,

I don't have one but would consider purchasing one if IIP would support it.

I have talked to one of Delkin's reps at a Tradeshow in March about them so I have a fairly good idea of how they work so fire away with the questions and maybe we can figure it out.

Drew

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 08:44:56 PM »

Drew--

What I need to know is this: If you mount two or more cards and then choose Import in Lightroom, is there any distinction in the labels on the buttons? For example, My Epson P-3000 can mount two cards at once, but Lightroom shows them like this:

Clearly, no way to tell which is which.

What I want to do in IIP requires that IIP be able to distinguish one slot from another.

--Marc

DrewFulton

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 10:58:45 PM »

Hmmm...

That I do not know.  Sorry I'm not much help.  I have a major project upcoming where I am headed to Costa Rica starting in early July and will be placing one final equipment order next week.  I am considering picking up one before the project.  I'll let you know midweek what I decide.

Thanks,
Drew

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: