Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
What's new in 2.0? (-withOUT- having to download MS Silverlight!)
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  What's new in 2.0? (-withOUT- having to download MS Silverlight!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What's new in 2.0? (-withOUT- having to download MS Silverlight!)  (Read 3172 times)
deemery

View Profile Email
« on: May 31, 2008, 03:26:39 PM »

I tried to find out what was new in E.M. 2, to decide if I want to toss yet another $100 at this.  The Microsoft support/sales site has a nice link for "why upgrade", and when I click on that link, all I get is an invitation to download Microsoft Silverlight.  No, Mr Ballmer, I do NOT want that on my machine.

Is anyone else bothered by having to download crap to your machine just to read about new features in a product that they're trying to sell you?

Any reason why I shouldn't take my $100 and buy Aperture or Lightroom instead?

dave
lwbecker2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 01:06:52 PM »

what is the url for the link?
I already have silverlight installed for something else, so I'd like to check out the what's different info. Please paste the link when you get a chance. Thanks.
SteveM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »

Here ya go:

http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/overview.aspx?key=media#page-top

Have fun.

SteveM

IIP - PM - CS3 (Bridge, ACR, PS) - XM - OS X
reggiebarton

Barton Creative Photography

rbartonphoto
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:23:18 AM »

The main reason not to throw $100 at Aperture or Lightroom is because they are totally different programs. Neither Lightroom nor Aperature are good long term media management programs. They are for developing and handling the processing of files, not the ultimate cataloguing of files. Maybe lightroom will get there one day - but it is at least one more version away from doing that. I'm still using iView and I'm looking forward to a day when folks on here are loudly proclaiming that EM has "arrived" and then I'll be willing to throw $100 at them.

Till then I've regretted almost every microsoft purchase I've ever made and I am not anxious to send any bucks their way.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: