Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Have Licenses of EM and iView, But Can't Upgrade
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:55:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Have Licenses of EM and iView, But Can't Upgrade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Have Licenses of EM and iView, But Can't Upgrade  (Read 9789 times)
Kent Larson

View Profile Email
« on: May 28, 2008, 07:54:53 AM »

Hello,

I have two EM license numbers and three iView license numbers.  If I remember correctly I upgraded two of my iView to EM.

I would like to take all three license numbers to EM2, but can not figure out how to do it.  I have downloaded the demo but it does not recognize any of the license numbers as being legitimate.  I have tried emailing MS view the EM website but can not get a response.

Any ideas?

Thanks!  Kent
andris

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 09:24:39 AM »

Hi Kent,

If you originally purchased iView and got the free upgrade to XM1 unfortunately you're not entitled to a free upgrade to XM2.  You'll have to purchase the upgrade for $99/seat.  (At least it's better than having to buy XM2 for full price).

If you originally purchased XM1, you're eligible for a free upgrade to XM2.

Hope this helps,

Andris

Kent Larson

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »

Hi Andris,

I'm not looking for free, just a way to upgrade.  Having the demo version I try putting the EM license numbers in and nothing happens. 

I'm probably dense, but I can't figure out how to upgrade license numbers that are not consider legitimate, but are, on the EM website.  Can't get a response from them either. 

I have 4 days before the EM2 demo turns into a pumpkin and I would like to pay for an upgraded.

Kinda frustrating.

Thanks,  Kent
andris

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 10:54:57 AM »

Sorry, I misunderstood....thought you were asking about the upgrade pricing policy.

As far as wanting to buy XM2, we're in the same boat.  If you read the fine print on the XM page (http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/purchase.aspx?key=media), it still says 'Available in late May' in the upper right hand corner.

The full version of XM2 actually isn't out yet, but should be in the next day or two.  I'm really hoping they resolve this before peoples' demo licenses start expiring.

Andris
Kent Larson

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »

Andris,

If you hear anything post to this thread so I get an email notice.  I will do the same.

Thanks!  Kent
andris

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 11:12:35 AM »

FYI - Microsoft XM2, both upgrade and full, are finally available for purchase.

http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/purchase.aspx?key=media

Enjoy,

Andris
Kent Larson

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 06:08:44 PM »

Thanks Andris!

I wonder what this is?  Never heard of it.

"Optional: License Lock Box - with License Key"
mikeseb
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 07:36:39 PM »

License Lockbox--from a barely visible link on the purchase page:

"When you purchase Downloadable software you have 60 days from the date of purchase to download your order.

If you purchase License Lock Box we will keep a backup copy of your software for THREE YEARS!"

But, hey, as we're all DAM and backup experts, we don't need no stinkin' MS Backup Insurance!!

Mike S.
Kent Larson

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 05:16:47 AM »

I finally found the FAQ's.  My conclusion exactly.  Just a way to bump the price $10.
joshmcculloch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 12:20:36 AM »

Hey All,

I just tonight upgraded (paid the $99 fee - actually $124 CDN, why do us Canucks always get screwed on the exchange rate!?) to EM2, but EM2 won't accept my license key.  I am a registered IVMP 3 user, and also got the free upgrade to EM1 when it came out.  I have all three installed.  Any idea why this would be, or have any of you run into this problem?

Thanks for the help.  Cheers, Josh

Josh McCulloch
Josh McCulloch Photography
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada
kagosh

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »

Hallo Josh,

I have the same problem, iView 3.1 and EM1 with licenses installed but canot update (no acceptance of the serial). Did you resolve the problem in the meantime?

Cheers
Friedhelm Bartnik
Photocat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 02:37:55 PM »

Hi Josh,

I wonder if this is because of being Canadian? I'm thinking of upgrading to Em2 but when I visit the Microsoft site and click on the EM2 Upgrade the store tells me no upgrade is availabe and that EM2 is only available in the US! Go figure. I guess since most Canadians buy a US version of software (french language not withstanding) they are somehow viewing us Canucks as a complete foreign country! Just my 2 cents.

John Allison
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 02:57:56 PM »

Paying you back for not rebelling in '76? A very appropriate post for On July 4th.

John
pburwell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 05:39:10 PM »

For Canadians having trouble upgrading, I reccommend reading the thread entitled "Expression Media 2 Availability" at the Microsoft forums for Expression Media.

Follow the directions and you may be surprised.

Best regards,

Paul

joshmcculloch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 01:15:19 AM »

Hi All,

Thanks for the help!  I did end up connecting with the folks at MS directly, and they were able to issue me a new serial number that worked. 

Cheers, Josh

Josh McCulloch
Josh McCulloch Photography
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: