Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Date Time Macro Problem
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2020, 10:55:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Date Time Macro Problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Date Time Macro Problem  (Read 5122 times)
aramb

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2008, 06:37:53 PM »

I am using Image Ingester Pro to rename my files upon import. The macro looks like this:

{@prefix,1,-1,_}{@datetimeoriginal,1,8}_{@sequence,-4}

The renamed file has a different date than the Date Created in the EXIF metadata. Why? Shouldn't the date in the filename agree with the EXIF Date created using this macro?

Please help....

Aram Basmadjian
Allentown, PA
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:28:17 AM »

Aram--

Can you be more precise about exactly what you mean by "DateCreated in the EXIF metadata"?

DateCreated in the IPTC metadata depends on how your IPTC Fields are set up on the Metadata Panel. It is not generated by the camera.

DateTimeOriginal, however, does come from the EXIF data that was set by the camera. (If it set DateTimeOriginal--some cameras do not.)

There are 4 datetimes associated with an image file that came from the camera:

1. File modification time.
2. Two EXIF datetimes: DateTimeDigitized and DateTimeOriginal.
3. A TIFF DateTime.

(See User's Manual, p. 21.)

None of the 4 above are the ITPC DateCreated.

Anyway, let me know what you mean by "DateCreated in the EXIF metadata" and I can provide further clarification.

--Marc

aramb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 01:44:56 PM »

Marc:

I have changed the macro from {@datetimeoriginal,1,8} to {@exif.datetime,1,8} and I now get the correct information (Date that the photo was shot, not the date it was modified or copied). By the way, these were JPEG images that I am migrating over to my new DAM system. I have not had these problems when ingesting NEF files.

Aram Basmadjian
Alllentown, PA
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »

Aram--

Just to clarify:

1. That {@datetimeoriginal} works and gives you anything at all is a bug (which I have now logged). I don't know what datetime it is giving. The correct macro is {@exif.datetimeoriginal}. (Sorry if I misled you in my earlier post.)

2. {@exif.DateTime is obsolete -- use {@exif.datetimeoriginal}.

--Marc

tmaul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 08:30:12 AM »

I downloaded IIPro for testing and eventual integration into my DAM workflow.
I found IIPro to be what all reviews raved about except for one point which unfortunately rules out my using it. As far as I can make out, IIPro only has access to the modified date (the macro for the exif.datetimeoriginal does not work with me) of the file(s) which does not take into account the possibility of the file(s) having been modified in a computer with a faulty clock.
During testing I had situations where the create date read 20080427 and the (modified) date of the renamed file(s) read 20030721.
If IIPro were to give me the option to access the create or original dates I would, without hesitation, integrate IIPro into my DAM workflow.
Please help if I have assumed the access date(s) incorrectly.

Tim Maul
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 02:10:49 PM »

Tim--

The EXIF macros should be working in the Pro (paid-for) version of IIP. A particular file might not have exif.datetimedigitized or exif.datetimeoriginal (use the Tools-Examine panel to see), which is why there's exif.datetimeany. If you have the Pro verison and these are not working, please post details here or email me directly, including the file in question if possible.

--Marc

tmaul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 03:57:27 AM »

Marc--

Thank you for your help.
I have checked the exif files in the image files and these have both the original and the digitized dates.
Unfortunately I cannot switch to the Pro version of IIPro because my trial has expired.

Tim Maul
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: