Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Expression Media 2 just released
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:30:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Expression Media 2 just released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Expression Media 2 just released  (Read 5127 times)
thomas

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:01:08 PM »

http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/overview.aspx?key=media
ruskin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »

Do we know if there's any differences/improvements between the 2.0 Beta and the new version? I have 2.0 (1331) for Mac.

And while I'm here, does anyone know how to import the old iView menu icons? John Beardy once told me how but I've lost that mail and anyway, it wouldn't change.

Many thanks,

Richard.
mikeseb
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 09:15:12 AM »

Looks like I'm gonna upgrade, quirks and pitfalls (if any) be damned....

Managed to corrupt my EM 1.x catalog somehow (Mac OSX 10.5 system), and discovered to my horror that I had NO BACKUP of the catalog. (Yes, Virginia, I HAVE read Peter's book, and regularly participate in his forum.) I lie prostrate before you all in my shame and grief. Smiley

None of the usual measures to un-bugger a catalog file have worked, so it's dead, Jim. It won't open in any version of EM, on any machine.

Fortunately, two mercies have been extended me:

1. I had installed EM2 beta recently and imported my existing images into it, but hadn't played with it much (ie, hadn't had the opportunity to foul it up);
2. I'm in the habit of embedding all my annotations into the original files, which are a mix of TIF's (scanned film mostly) and DNG's from various digicam original formats. I figured, that way I'd always have the data, and I could always strip out stuff I want no one to see when prepping files for export to others.

So luckily I was able to take my not-quite-up-to-date EM2-beta catalog file and fully update it, bringing in annotations with little or no loss. Rest assured, I will have backups going forward, with gratitude that the DAM Faeries occasionally cut a brother a break.

Now I gotta hope MS has done v. 2 right; or else wait for someone to offer a script to export Catalog Sets as Keywords, and make LR capable of DAM-ing 40k+ images!

Regards,

Mike S. (The Chastened)

roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 03:28:08 AM »

Mike,

I'd stick with iView or xMedia 1 at this stage as there are some bugs in xMedia 2, believe it or not. Maybe Mark Hamburg can fix them.  Tongue

-- Robert.

mikeseb
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 06:16:50 AM »

I'd stick with iView or xMedia 1 at this stage as there are some bugs in xMedia 2, believe it or not. Maybe Mark Hamburg can fix them.  Tongue

What bugs? Alas, because of my difficulties, sticking with the old versions is not a viable option.

Mike S.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: