Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Which Expressions?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:23:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Which Expressions?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Which Expressions?  (Read 2758 times)
ronandownes

View Profile Email
« on: April 28, 2008, 10:54:55 AM »

For wedding phoographers
Dierk

149167100 Dierk54@Hotmail.com Evo2Me dhslowhand
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:25:08 AM »

Laughing, crying, love looks, exhaustion, relief, and relaxation.

Dierk

IDimager on Windows XP/SP2; 3.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, loads of storage space.
Other: Nikon D2x, Nikon D200, Capture NX 2, Adobe Creative Suite 3
ronandownes

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 02:34:16 AM »

Microsoft Expression!
Dierk

149167100 Dierk54@Hotmail.com Evo2Me dhslowhand
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 08:12:50 AM »

Ah, stupid me.

There is only one Microsoft Expression Media, the former dumbed-down iView Media is not continued by MS. So, if you are looking for a DAM solution, it's Microsoft Expression Media. The current release version is 1, with a service pack adding to one or two decimal point version numbering. That would be the version you want if you are not of the adventurous type. xMedia v1 is essentially the same as iView MediaPro v3.1.3.

I have no idea if the public beta of xMedia v2 is still available, if it is you'd get a relatively stable, rather fast program with some new features and quirks [e.g. XMP and xMedia v2beta aren't friends]. Only this week I found I could crash the beta consistently by trying to updating folders from the root of an external [Firewire] hard drive. This could be a local problem but I doubt it. I'd still say xMedia v2beta is quite good, the release shouldn't be too far off. If external HDs play a [large] role in your work-flow you might want to wait a few weeks.

As for the other programs in the Expression line I don't quite see what a [wedding] photographer needs, and if so, Adobe's alternatives are still the industry standard. They would be: Dreamweaver, Illustrator and InDesign.

Dierk

IDimager on Windows XP/SP2; 3.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, loads of storage space.
Other: Nikon D2x, Nikon D200, Capture NX 2, Adobe Creative Suite 3
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: