Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Problem changing file names for html portfolio
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 04:12:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Problem changing file names for html portfolio
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problem changing file names for html portfolio  (Read 2947 times)
hsakols

View Profile Email
« on: April 27, 2008, 11:50:20 AM »

I'd like to avoid having my actual file names appear on my html gallery.  For example I might have a file name such as El_Capitan_11x14.tiff that I would like to read in my gallery as El Capitan.  Yes I know this isn't the way to name files but most of these are older film images.  Now for my big mistake:  I went ahead and changed the file names in a number of virtual catalogs that are my web portfolios.  I realize that I have now changed the original file names.  Luckily we are talking about 100 or so images so I can retype the original names to keep them together.  So what is the easiest way to give my web images titles that are not the original title without renaming the html files?  I wish I didn't have to use my real name.

On top of this, when I try to generate a gallery, some of the images do not show (just a question mark).  And a few of my thumbnails when clicked on show the wrong image.  I have tried to rebuild and reset the paths of the images that I'm having problems with but this does not help.  The catalogs that I am making galleries from show paths to all the correct images. 

Hugh
David Burren

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 02:38:41 PM »

The HTML gallery code tends to preserve the original filenames into the generated JPEGs/etc, but the gallery doesn't have to use these as "titles".  In my galleries I use the Headline and Caption/Description fields to put "titles" on things, and use the Title field (which in my databases is a "serial number" and not a full filename) to put a reference number in a small font below the caption.

__
David
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 04:55:48 AM »

Hugh,
As to rename, I'd do it after making the JPEG for the gallery. This naming is an important process (for SEO) so it is appropriate to do it by hand.

The question mark could be a couple of things.  It could be a missing file, a file Quicktime can't understand (and therefore can't render) or some kind of path corruption.

The first thing to do is to query EX to find all missing files and try to reset paths to the real location.

Then Double-click to see if the files can be rendered in Media View.

If not, then try to open the images

If these do not fix, repost results.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: