Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Preserve Subfolders at Destination
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 01:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Preserve Subfolders at Destination
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Preserve Subfolders at Destination  (Read 4762 times)
Bruce Van Inwegen

View Profile Email
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:25:56 AM »

I know that IIP locates all images in subfolders on the card it reads, but I can't seem to find a way for IIP to preserve this hierarchy at the destination location(s).  Have I missed something in the documentation, or is this not an available feature?

Thanks!

Bruce
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 08:12:43 AM »

Bruce--

The good news is that you didn't miss anything. The bad news is that IIP can't do this.

--Marc

Bruce Van Inwegen

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 08:48:38 AM »

OUCH!

Sadly that means I have to maintain my traditional workflow for tethered shooting which depends on using and maintaining unique folders for different set-ups.

IIP is SO almost there!  It'll read my local HD nested raw folders and do all the great stuff to them, but sadly, it ends up placing everthing in one folder that will just have to be re-segregated again. 

I do as much if not more tethered shooting as I do with cards.  Adobe DNG converter has an option to maintain subfolders when converting from the cards.  Do you think that there could be a way to access that during the IIP process in a future release?

Now that you've got me hooked on IIP, Mark, I'll be looking for a workaround.

Thanks!

Bruce
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:50:52 AM by Bruce Van Inwegen » Logged
Bruce Van Inwegen

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 07:24:52 AM »

I’ve almost got a workaound so that I can use IIP to “injest? my tethered raw files but I’ve run into a problem.

All of my tethered .CR2 files already have .XMP files associated with them.  When I attempt to run them through IIP with an IIP-IPTC template, it seems that none of the metadata info gets appended to the existing XMP file.  Is this by design, bug, or have I missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks Marc
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 11:50:52 AM »

IIP will never append to or modify an existing XMP file, and the pre-existence of an XMP will prevent IIP from writing its own. What's in that XMP? Can you safely exclude it from the ingestion?

--Marc

Bruce Van Inwegen

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »

Yeah Marc, that's sort of what I figured and it does make some sense.  I'm still making adjustments.  Rebuilding automated workflows is TEDIOUS!!!  I'm re-building both my tethered and card capture workflows around IIP.  When it's done it will be well worth the effort.

(I could save a bunch of manual work if IIP would honor the original subfolders at the destination, but hey, we can't have everything can we!)  Wink

Bruce

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: