Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Rank and File use
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 29, 2020, 11:44:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Useful Stuff
| |-+  DAMuseful Software
| | |-+  Rank and File use
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rank and File use  (Read 5381 times)
drs

View Profile Email
« on: June 08, 2006, 12:10:03 PM »

Just wondering, should Rank and File still be part of your workflow prior to converting to DNG files, since Iview Media 3.1 now recognizes XMP files. I know there are secondary uses for Rank and File as outlined in the Dam Book but what would be the major advantages to keeping it a part of the flow. Thanks! Donna
danaltick

evaa-xdtb@spamex.com danaltick
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 01:27:29 PM »

Donna,

I still use R&F because it places my ratings and labels in the IPTC keywords field which is more universal right now than XMP.  It also transfers my assigned ratings colored labels to iView (i.e 1Star, 2Star, etc. labels) through the Urgency field, which gives more of a visual que to your rated images in iView.  I've grown accustomed to using the colored labels along with the stars to rate my images the way Peter outlines in the book.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
drs

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 04:36:52 PM »

Thanks Dan, good point.... colored rating, being visual people we need that!
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 06:35:52 AM »

Labels to Keywords and Ratings to Urgency, and Filename to Title, that's what I have it do.  (with Rank and File Lite)

Any R&F users want to test this out?  It's much faster, and has been working well for me.

Peter
timtodd

110557568 tim@nivaun.com lemurleap nivaun
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 07:23:24 AM »

Hi Peter,

Yes, I would like to test run Rank and File Lite.

-tim
ChristelleJvR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 11:38:42 PM »

Hi Peter,

I'd also like to test the Rank&File Lite script.  Will I still have to option to preserve the current filename in the metadata as with the full version?

Christelle Jansen van Rensburg
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: