Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Upgrade fro Lightroom users
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 01:49:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Upgrade fro Lightroom users
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Upgrade fro Lightroom users  (Read 3156 times)
BoglePhoto

BoglePhoto BoglePhoto
View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:17:12 AM »

Has anyone switched to EM2 based on the competitive upgrade to Lightroom users? It sounds like if you have Lightroom, you can get EM2 for $99, rather than $299.00. Is this license upgradeable in the future, ie, if they go to EM3, do you pay just the upgrade price? I love Lightroom, but wonder if EM is worth getting a license at this point in case it is improved to the point that IView Media Pro used to be. Check out the website for orders and upgrades to see what I saw. Is it going to be any better than the flawed versions I keep reading about?

thanks

Bill Bogle, Jr.

www.BoglePhoto.com, blog at www.BoglePhoto.blogspot.com
PC AMD 64 x2 dual core 5200+ 2.6Ghz, Vista 32bit SP1,PS CS3, Lightroom 2, IIP, EM2, Dell Studio 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo, Vista 64 bit
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 09:22:36 PM »

Billl,
They really are two very different applications.  Lightroom is primarily an imaging application with a bit of DAM added.  iView/Expression is a DAM application with some imaging tools that you should not use.

Until Lightroom gets some significantly better DAM tools, I'd suggest that the serious photographer probably needs a dedicated DAM solution.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: