Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Catalog size limit unchanged in EM 2 beta?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 12:10:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Catalog size limit unchanged in EM 2 beta?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Catalog size limit unchanged in EM 2 beta?  (Read 2955 times)
ralphpaonessa

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2008, 04:25:22 PM »

I've just downloaded and installed the Microsoft Expression Media 2 Beta:

http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/download.aspx?key=media2beta
The new features that MS lists on the above page make no mention of an increase in the catalog size limit.

In the program's Help file, it states:

Each catalog can contain up to 128,000 files, with a limit of 1.8 GB

However, the help pages all state:

This topic is pre-release documentation and is subject to change in a future release. Blank topics are included as placeholders.

I was expecting MS to fix this catalog size limit! Does anyone know what the deal is on this? It could of course be different once the full version is released. At the moment, this is very disappointing!

Ralph Paonessa

Ralph Paonessa
RPPhoto.com
dkperez

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 06:49:03 AM »

From the Microsoft info:

Still a 2GB catalog limit.  Sorry.  I know this will upset several people, including some of our closest friends.  Even though a 2GB catalog can track roughly 200GB of photos, I know that's not enough for some advanced scenarios.

The truth is that we're planning to rework/recast the catalog dramatically over the next year.  The workgroup story that I told above fits into that.  Changing the catalog in both xm2 and again in xm3 would have broad impact on our entire customer base, so I chose to only make the change once, later.

"advanced scenario"?  It sounds suspiciously like we're stuck for a LONG time with this limit.......

David Perez
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: