Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Sorting issue
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 03:17:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Sorting issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sorting issue  (Read 2227 times)
garethjjones

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2008, 01:51:50 AM »

I've cross posted this from the original Iview forum 0- not sure how many people dip into that these days....
I've got an issue with sorting images in a directory/set taken with multiple cameras, and using fast shooting bursts. I'm using EM btw.

Assuming the cameras times are correctly synched (they wern't, but were adjusted in EM). If I now sort by capture date, the images sort correctly except for those in a burst sequence. Ideally, I'd like to apply a second sort criteria such as filename - but unfortunatly I can't see how to do this.

Looking at the EXIF data, EM only shows the times down to the second, so presumably doesn't sort at any finer level.

I've looked at the same directory containing the same files in using ViewNX, Nikons new viewer. That shows the times including a sub second figure (e.g 15:20:29.Cool Interestingly, when EM adjusted the times, it still preserved the extra level of information.

Sorting in ViewNX puts the images in correct order - so my solution is to use ViewNX to sort and then rename the files in a meaningful sequence, then re-import the files back into iView for cataloguing and adding data. Then to lightroom to edit and create a SSP gallery. Don't you love integration!

So, both problem and solution. When I started this post I didn't have the solution!

Gareth

« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:01:47 AM by peterkrogh » Logged
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 05:03:32 AM »

Gareth,
I assume that you meant "in correct order" rather than "incorrect order" in the second to last paragraph, so I've fixed that.

Yes, I often find that by trying to explain a problem, and really nail down the variables, I will come upon a solution.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: