Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Creating a GPS Fix "Inventory"
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2021, 09:47:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  GPS/ Geotagging
| | |-+  Creating a GPS Fix "Inventory"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Creating a GPS Fix "Inventory"  (Read 11015 times)
andycollings

View Profile Email
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:25:47 AM »

I photograph a lot of weddings and often visit the same churches, reception sites, landmarks etc several times a year.
Does IIP or software like J Early's GPS Photo Linker allow for creating an ongoing "*within 100 meters of* St. Clement's" database. That way, next time I'm there, the software will tag the Location with the actual location name rather than just the GPS coordinates.
Andy
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »

Andy,
I'm unaware of anything that makes this easy at the moment, but I'd expect to see a lot of movement in this area over the next year.
Peter
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:55:44 AM »

A while ago I edited a GPX file and applied it to images during an ImageIngester import session. All the pictures were from the same location and my GPS unit's batteries had gone flat. I just added two identical waypoints, one before and one after the range of capture times. it worked, but really we need DAM programs to offer drag and drop to maps and data fields to manually-entered GPS data.

John
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 07:01:15 PM »

John,
I recently created some demo files in a similar manner.  One thing that threw me at first - GPX data is not the same as the Lat/Long you get from Google maps (not sure what's creating the offset).  I used a tool called gmaptogpx to take a Google map location and translate it to GPX data.

Peter
mphillips

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 06:30:23 AM »

Hi All

I use a product called IDimager for my DAM.

It has just the facility that I believe you are looking for in that you can assign a set of GPS co ordinates to a place (a Catalog Label) and the moment that you assign an image/ set of images to that catalog label it automatically writes these co ordinates to that set of images.

It also has a built in ability to assign GPS tags to images within the DAM application. And can use the Drag and Drop approach that John was referring to.

I have also found that Hert is extremely receptive to new ideas that would enhance his product, should your particular need differ slightly.

Kind Regards

MikeP
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 06:35:12 AM by mphillips » Logged
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 06:39:18 AM »

Mike,
Hert stops by here quite a bit. It does not surprise me that he is taking the lead in this area as well.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: