Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Remove image file from catalog, not from disk?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 03:33:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Remove image file from catalog, not from disk?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Remove image file from catalog, not from disk?  (Read 2941 times)
marliz

View Profile Email
« on: February 28, 2008, 08:26:30 PM »

I am using the trial version of  Expression Media and there is a lot I like about it, but the "bugs" concern me. I have about 200 files that somehow got duplicated thumbnails in my 2,000 image catalog.

In many cases, one of these dups has the keywords, the other doesn't. I could let the program get rid of the dups and risk losing the keywords, but my question is:

---am I missing a way to just manually delete each copy of the duplicate thumbnail that doesn't have the keywords?

The only option I can find is to trash it, and that trashes the file from my hard drive (leaving the one thumbnail still in the catalog). Fortunately I have a backup of the folder, so I still have the file.

No help in the pdf file. The search feature is useless, it never finds a word even though I can find them myself in a search.

Peggy
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 02:20:42 AM »

---am I missing a way to just manually delete each copy of the duplicate thumbnail that doesn't have the keywords?

just select thumbnail(s) and hit the delete key.  That removes the image(s) from the catalog but doesn't touch the original image files on your hard drive.

Bob Smith
marliz

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 02:12:14 PM »

Thank you so much, Bob. I was looking for that option under the right click options menu.  Never occurred to me to try the delete key. Too easy maybe  Wink
Peggy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: