Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
original media not present in expression media
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  original media not present in expression media
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: original media not present in expression media  (Read 2968 times)
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »

while working with expression media, I brought in some photos that I had edited earlier in this program from my external hard drive. when I looked for them in my expression media window;  it did not show the photos as thumbnails, but blanks with camera icons, with red lettering reading at the top; "original media not present" where expression media normally shows the path of where the photos are from. In windows explore, the photos show up, so I know they are present on the external hard drive. what is going on? expression media showed the photos before. I have had this happen a couple of times with another folder of photos.

Sossity
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 07:47:44 AM »

Sossity,
That camera icon indicates either the previews did not finish building, or they were a type of file that iView/Expression can't understand, or that they are corrupted.

As to the files being missing, are they currently connected to the computer?  (Or is the hard drive unplugged?)

If the hard drive is connected, the images should be found.  If they are not found, then find the drive in the "Catalog Folders" panel, and right-click to reset path and find the drive in the Windows Explorer.

Peter

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: