Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Expression Media Installation
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 26, 2020, 12:27:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Expression Media Installation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Expression Media Installation  (Read 2798 times)
John727

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2008, 08:08:17 AM »

I was apparently asleep when the upgrade to Expression Media occured last summer so I have just gotten a product key from iView and downloaded Expression Media SP1 for the first time. I did the installation and when I try to open EM I get the EM Splash Screen asking if I have a product key and EM in the background (that looks suspiciously like iView) and the whole thing freezes right there. I was just on the phone with Microsoft and they tell me that the EM Dept. is not very big so they will have to call me back next week. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening that hangs the initial boot up of the program?

Thanks for any help you can give,

John Cornell
ScottBuckel

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:22:45 AM »

John -

If you go over to the Expression media forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.expression.media&cat=&lang=en&cr=US I think you will find a solution to your problem.  I cold not find the threas this morning, but there was a thread not to long ago that lead some one to getting a new license for EM.  Soryy, i could not get to exact thread.

Scott

Scott Buckel
Monrovia, CA
John727

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 07:58:02 PM »

It turns out that there is good news and bad news. The good news is that I called Microsoft and after jumping through a few hoops talked to someone who was pleasant, very knowledable, and a joy to work with. The bad news is that I was embarrassed that I hadn't spotted the problem. It turned out that my screen resolution was such that the splash screen where the license is entered was truncated and I couldn't see the entry box. By not entering anything it appeared that the whole system was hung and I had to shut the program down with Contro/alt/del. Once he had me reduce the resolution I could see the entire box and entered the license and now everything is working normally. Certainly better than my cynical side had expected.

John Cornell
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: