Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
create additional empty folders during ingestion?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2020, 11:52:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  create additional empty folders during ingestion?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: create additional empty folders during ingestion?  (Read 4255 times)
arossphoto

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2008, 04:10:09 PM »

I thought there was a way to do this, but I've been looking through the manual and it doesn't look like it. I'm trying to find a way to create some additional empty work folders in the same destination directory as the download folder.

For example if the destination is:

YYYYMMDD_job/Raw

then the additional folders might be:

YYYYMMDD_job/Masters
YYYYMMDD_job/Delivery

Thanks,

Andrew
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 07:32:30 PM »

Not possible, Andrew... IIP makes folders on the fly as a part of the naming process.

--Marc

arossphoto

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I used to use Downloader Pro when I was on Windows, and I thought IIP had some of the same features. For what it's worth I think it's a nice option to have and here's how they describe the feature:

"As images are downloaded the plug-in creates empty directories relative to the download directory. For example suppose images are downloaded to the directory D:\Photos and you wish to create a directory for images which require more work called "working", a directory for finished images called "edited" and a directory for images prepared for web pages called "web". Alternatively you may prefer to download your images to a directory named "originals" and have the additional directories at the same level. This can be done be prefixing the directory names with "..\" (".." is a way of specifying the parent directory)."

I know this doesn't conform to Peter's work flow, but many people do prefer to work other ways.

Cheers,

Andrew
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 08:18:14 PM »

Indeed, it does sound like a good idea... I'll enter into my database of suggestions.

--Marc

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: