Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
strange files appearing with ingested images
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 07, 2020, 12:04:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  strange files appearing with ingested images
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: strange files appearing with ingested images  (Read 6002 times)
jimtron

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 03, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »

I don't know if this has to do with Leopard or not, but I just upgraded (to OS X 10.5), and now when I ingest RAW files from my CF cards, via Image Ingester, I get 2 or 3 weird extra files. A common is "uid." The filenames look like this: "Newberry_080103_uuid." (that's my name and the date, added via II, and I have no idea where the "uuid." comes from. Another one had my name and date, and then "0bb1." I can open these files in a text app, and they are blank. There icons are generic.

Anyone know what this could be? I format my cards before shooting. I just did a test where I formatted the card, took a shot, and put the card in the reader. Without running II, I see the RAW file alone. After running II, I get the added mystery file(s).

- Jim

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 07:02:34 PM by peterkrogh » Logged

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 03:42:50 PM »

Jim--

Unless you tell it otherwise (possible with ImageIngesterPro), II ingests everything it sees. Mount the card as a drive as see if those files are there.

These files are probably not below the DCIM folder on the card. If that's the case, you can easily skip them by starting there rather than from a higher-level folder.

--Marc

jimtron

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:04:35 PM »

I don't see the mystery files when I mount the card and look in the folders. The files only appear after running II.

- Jim

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 12:44:25 PM »

Jim--

What are you using to examine the files on the card? Some utilities (Mac Finder, Windows Explorer) may not show all the files.

--Marc

jimtron

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »

Jim--

What are you using to examine the files on the card? Some utilities (Mac Finder, Windows Explorer) may not show all the files.

--Marc

Mac Finder--which does show the files after they're ingested, but not when I double-click on the CF drive icon.

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 08:25:21 AM »

Jim--

Here are some simple instructions to get a complete list of what's on the card:

http://basepath.com/ImageIngester/pubs/Listing%20Files%20on%20a%20Card.pdf

Let me know (email or here) what you see.

--Marc

jimtron

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 09:13:35 PM »

Thanks for your replies Marc. I couldn't get Terminal to work--I was able to drag my card on it and it's name showed up, but when I typed ls -R for some reason my hard drive got listed instead of the CF card. However, I realized I could use my FTP client (Transmit) to view invisible files. I am seeing a few directories there--I think OS X is putting them on the card. The folders:

.fseventsd this dir. includes: "000000000b64978d" and "fseventsd-uuid"  "uuid" is part of the filename of the mystery files.
.trashes
DCIM (here's the Canon stuff)

Jim--

Here are some simple instructions to get a complete list of what's on the card:

http://basepath.com/ImageIngester/pubs/Listing%20Files%20on%20a%20Card.pdf

Let me know (email or here) what you see.

--Marc

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 06:36:41 AM »

Jim,
TinkerTool can let you examine invisible files.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: